So yeah, I decided to upgrade the server to FreeBSD 7.2 in preparation for the 7->8 transition.
SOMEHOW (IT speak for "I'm sure it's my fault, but I don't know what the fuck I did to cause it") flexo wound up with the GENERIC kernel instead of his nice customized one. Customized with all sorts of essentials, like GEOM_MIRROR which provides my RAID.
So obviously the system wasn't going to boot.
I did this on 9/10
CoLo closed(ish) on 9/11
Server fixed 9:30 on 9/14
Spam flow resumed 9:31 on 9/14
Kernel rebuilt. Much other tuning done.
Postgres and Apache upgrades next week. Hard to really fuck those up.
(Oh, and maybe I'll implement off-site backups now and stop being a douche)